Test monitor and product quality inspection system as following:
1)Investigate the national and international regulations and standards in the fields of environmental protection, organic agriculture, organic foods, soil environment and water for farmland use, etc. On the basis of these investigations, work out the standards of the industry taking the practical conditions of China into consideration. In principle, the standards should be higher than related national and international standards to adapt to the requirements for future development.
- The related national and international regulations and standards refer to:
- The basic viewpoints and standards of International Federation of Organic Agricultural Movement (IFOAM);
- Related regulations of the European Union on the marketing of Organic agricultural produce;
- “Certificate-Issuing Standards”(1994) by the International Organic Crops Improving Association (OCIA);
- “Organic (natural) foods standards” (1995) by the Organic Foods Development Center (OFDC) of the National Environmental Protection Bureau;
- “Green Foods Standards” (1995) by China Green Foods Development Center;
- Soil quality standards specified in “China Soil Environment Background Values” compiled by China Environment Monitor Station as well as GB3095-82, GB5084-92, GB11607-89, GB5749-85, GB3838-88, etc.
- Purchasing advanced equipment;
- Training of personnel;
- Setting up a full scale system monitoring the air, water, soil, development of crops and farm products in the test area and inspecting product quality;
- Regular health checkups for people and animals (livestock and poultry) living in the test area;
Guaranteeing that the background environment beyond the test area will not be polluted or damaged.